Our planet faces many environmental pressures today, chief among them is an increasingly urgent need to re-use waste and clean up the environment. The GETH Technology Solution addresses two of the most pernicious waste streams facing humanity; end-of-life tires and unrecyclable waste plastics. Learn more about the global waste challenge here.
SOLUTION OVERVIEW OF THE GETH PROCESS
In the midst of all the dire statistics on tires and plastics choking landfills and littering the landscape, there lies enormous opportunity. This opportunity comes from our ability to convert these waste materials back into their constituent parts, specifically high-grade oil, and in the case of tires, carbon black and steel – all of which have significant value and markets that are readily accessed. By reintroducing these materials back into the supply chain we intend to not only clean up the environment but also decrease the volume of new material that needs to be produced, thus reducing the environmental impact of manufacturing carbon black (from bunker oil or coal), or extracting and refining crude oil and smelting steel.
Each GETH Processing Plant is expected to be constructed using a 52 ton-per-day unit called a ‘Cell’ as its basic building block.
- A typical Gen 1 tire processing plant with a single ‘Cell’ is expected to be capable of processing up to 1,500,000 end-of-life tires per year and producing approximately 6,000 tons of carbon black, 51,000 barrels of oil, and 1,800 tons of steel from that feedstock.
- A typical Gen 1 plastic processing plant with a single ‘Cell’ is expected to be capable of processing up to 33,800,000 pounds of waste plastic per year and producing approximately 99,000 barrels of oil.
The GETH Technology Solution for converting tires and waste plastics to energy is a low emission, eco-friendly process:
Our system has minimal environmental impact due to the closed loop system design – the syngas can be captured and reused to generate electricity instead of being flared off. Our process is designed to be odor free and VOC free with operating noise levels at less than 30 dB, or the equivalent of a whisper in a quiet library.
Generation 1 of the GETH Technology Solution is an integration of several independently proven technologies that differentiate us from other common pyrolytic conversion operations in that we believe we will produce a significantly higher grade “blend stock” oil as well as valuable carbon black and steel.
One Cell processing Waste Tires:
Outputs and Ratios:
- 45% by weight of oil
- 35% average by weight of carbon black
- 10% recovered steel wire
- 10% syngas
One Cell processing Mixed Plastics:
Outputs and Ratios:
- 85% average by weight of oil
- 13% average by weight of syngas
- 2% average by weight of carbon black